GET FREE QUOTE
Home > Make Money On Your DITY Move > San Diego, California (Camp Pendleton, MCB)
San Diego, California (Camp Pendleton, MCB)
PCSing to San Diego, California (Camp Pendleton, MCB)
It happens all the time. You and your family are having the time of your life at your current station and you receive a PCS order moving you to Camp Pendleton, California. If you happen to be a little uncomfortable with the news, don’t be. San Diego, California is an exciting place to live; with all the beaches, the lively people and the beautifully designed communities, you are in for a treat!
On Base Housing at Camp Pendleton
On base housing can provide you and your family a safe and secure atmosphere which is highly maintained and filled with natural greenery and beaches.
Lincoln Military Housing in Oceanside, California
If you are looking for a place close to the main gate of Camp Pendleton, Lincoln Military housing is the right place for you.
They have a wide range of communities:
- Del Mar I and ll
- Forster Hills
- O'Neill Heights and East section
- Pacific View
- San Luis Rey
- San Mateo Point
- San Onofre I, II and III
- Santa Margarita
- Serra Mesa
- South Mesa I, II
- Stuart Mesa
- Wire Mountain I, II and III
Features and Amenities
- Community centers
- Swimming pools
- State of the art gyms
- Children’s services
- Play grounds
- Tot lots
- Parking space for cars
- Gold Courses
Due to the convenient location, residents have easy access to
- Knott’s berry farm
- Universal studio
- Grauman’s Chinese Theatre
- San Diego Zoo
- Wild Animal Park
- Lego Land California
- Number of beaches
Electric and Gas Utilities
All electric and gas utilities are include in the Basic Allowance for Housing, but you should inform the management beforehand how many family members you have and if you are bringing in any pets so the allowance can be set and managed accordingly.
DeLuz Family Housing Community in Oceanside, California
The DeLuz Community transforms the traditional military housing into a fun and modern lifestyle for family living.
It is divided in to 3 communities:
Key Features of North DeLuz:
- Large homes designed in various styles for Staff NCO.
- 200 homes ranging from 2,340 to 2,540 square feet. For three and four bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and 2 car garages.
- Features include built in private patio, equipped kitchen with upgraded appliances, and ceramic tile floor.
Key Features of Central DeLuz:
- 100 homes for E1-E3; 100 homes for E4-E5
- Homes ranging from 952 to 1,850 square feet for two, three and four bedroom homes.
- Features include detached single-car garages, vinyl entry, and large spaces between homes.
Key Features of South DeLuz:
- 145 homes for E1-E3; 169 homes for E4-E5
- Modern homes in two, three and four bedrooms ranging from 1,227 to 1,890 square feet. Include 2, 3 and 4 bedrooms.
- Features include attached single-car garages, vinyl entry, and townhome-style.
- Community center
- Tot lots
- Picnic areas
- Fitness center
- Swimming pool
- Basketball courts
- Volleyball courts
- Movie room
- Mary Fey Pendleton School (on premises)
- Potter junior high school
- Fallbrook High school
Closest schools to Camp Pendleton include:
- Oceanside Public Schools
- El Camino High School
- Oceanside High School
Although on-base life can be really fun, off-base life has its own advantages. It gives your family an opportunity to live the city life in San Diego, CA to the fullest. Nearest cities to Camp Pendleton include:
Oceanside (2 miles from base)
- Prices start at $220,000 for 3 bed, 2 bath residences
- Rentals start at $950 for a 1 bed, 1 bath unit.
Vista (13 miles from base)
- Prices start at $167,000 for 3bed, 2 bath residences
- Rentals start at $850 for a 1 bed, 1 bath unit.
Bonsall (14 miles from base)
- Prices start at $239,000 for 3 bed, 2 bath residences
- Rentals start at $855 for a 1 bed, 1 bath unit.
Fallbrook (21 miles from base)
- Prices start at $299,000 for 3 bed, 2 bath residences
- Rentals start at $800 for a 1 bed, 1 bath unit.
Murrieta (35 miles from base)
- Prices start at $268,000 for 3 bed, 2 bath residences
- Rentals start at $886 for a 1 bed, 1 bath unit.
Living off-base gives you access to a number of schools, museums, theme parks, Disneyland, bars and everything you and your family needs to have fun. Keep your options open and search wisely!